Herbed Zucchini and Feta Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
Prep Time: 5 MINS Cooking Time: 45 MINS Servings: 6
2 Cups Cooked brown rice
1/4 Cup Graviera (or Gruyere); Grated
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Zucchini; grated, squeezed and drained
1/4 Cups Herbs (dill, mint, parsley); Chopped
2 Green onions; Chopped
1 Cup Feta cheese; Crumbled
1. Mix the rice, Graviera cheese and 1 egg in a bowl.
2. Press the rice mixture into a pie plate, about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Bake in a preheated 450F oven until the edges and bottom just start turning golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Mix 4 eggs, milk, zucchini, dill, mint, green onions, feta, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
6. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until golden brown and set in the center, about 30-35 minutes.